Community Based Alternative (CBA)
Community Based Alternatives (CBA) provides home and community-based services to people who are elderly and to adults with disabilities as a cost-effective alternative to living in a nursing home.
- Adaptive aids and medical supplies
- Minor home modifications
- Nursing services
- Occupational therapy services
- Personal assistance services
- Physical therapy services
- Respite care services
- Speech and/or language pathology services
- Must be age 21 or older.
- The cost of applicant's service plan cannot exceed the nursing facility payment rate.
- Must meet the medical necessity determination for nursing facility care.
- Must be determined at risk for nursing facility placement.
- Must choose waiver services instead of nursing facility care based on an informed choice.
- Financial eligibility is determined by the Texas Health and Human Services Commission for applicants not already receiving Medicaid.
For more information to
apply for this program, click this link: Contact Us.